Welcome to our Blog

In our blog, we share resources and information that families in our community can use to cope with their loss or better understand their grief. We also write about ways we have been involved in the community. Check out our latest posts below.

Coping with grief during a pandemic

Posted on June 2, 2020 by Communications | Leave a comment
Posted under Community, Grief

By Calyn Hoerner Grief caused by the loss of a loved one is difficult under normal circumstances. During the COVID-19 pandemic, this grief, coupled with feelings of isolation and strict social distancing guidelines that were in place, left families struggling for closure. The staff at Coleman Funeral Home of Southaven are seeing a new kind […]

Continue Reading

thumbnail

Kaye Bryant Inspires Local Grief Group

Posted on February 18, 2020 by Communications | Leave a comment
Posted under Community, Events

Coleman Funeral Home hosts second gathering of The Journey After OXFORD, Miss. – At the second meeting of The Journey After, a grief support group hosted by Coleman Funeral Home, Kaye Bryant shared her experiences with overcoming grief to inspire members. Bryant, an Oxford native, opened up about the changes she had to make in her […]

Continue Reading

thumbnail

The story behind our new support group

Posted on October 22, 2019 by Communications | Leave a comment
Posted under Community, Events, Grief, Uncategorized

By Kathy Brummett Coleman Funeral Home When I lost my husband years ago, I had to start my journey through the stages of grief. I buried myself in work and got stuck in the grieving process. There was no community I felt like I belonged to anymore, and certainly no community where I felt truly […]

Continue Reading

thumbnail

How to offer support after a suicide

Posted on May 15, 2019 by Communications | Leave a comment
Posted under Community, Grief, People

By Kathy Brummett As Family Care Coordinator at Coleman Funeral Home, I am constantly offering support to families who have lost loved ones. Sometimes it can be hard to find the words to say, especially when the family is experiencing unspeakable tragedy. Although I have been with families as they have lost loved ones due […]

Continue Reading

thumbnail

Saying Goodbye to a Legend – Coach John Howard Vaught

Posted on February 7, 2019 by Jeremy Roberts | Leave a comment
Posted under 15 Year Anniversary (2004-2019), Celebration of Life, Community, People

Saying Goodbye to a Legend Written by Jeremy Roberts John Vaught is truly a legend at The University of Mississippi. Many people say he is our version of Alabama’s Bear Bryant, but to us – he is our football king. Vaught coached the Rebels for 25 seasons and led them to three national championships (1959, […]

Continue Reading